Community CPR trains individuals to overcome any reluctance to act in emergency situations and to recognize and care for
life-threatening respiratory or cardiac emergencies in infants, children, or adults.
This review program is only available for those participants who are already certified in the ECC 2000 CPR
CURRENT AMERICAN RED CROSS CERTIFICATE IN ADULT CPR OR COMMUNITY CPR. Students are expected to review the text prior to attending the class. American Red Cross
textbook (ECC 2000 edition) required, available at extra cost. Text must be purchased at least 48 hours prior to class date.
- Identify how to reduce the risk of dying from a heart attack.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a breathing emergency.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and provide care to reduce the chance of cardiac arrest.
- Identify how to reduce the risk of injury to infants and children.
- Learn how to care for an infant, child, or adult who stops breathing.
- Learn how to care for an infant, child, or adult who is choking.
- Learn how to give CPR to an infant, child, or adult whose heart has stopped beating.
- Identify how to use your community's emergency medical services (EMS) system effectively.
5 Hour Course
The American Red Cross of Rhode Island cannot refund payments for any classes unless we cancel the class. If you cannot make a class, you will be issued a credit
for another class. This credit must be used within 90 days.