Monday, March 18, 2002
Director of Communications
(401) 831-7700 x101
Red Cross to Offer Free Blood Pressure
Screening at Warwick Mall March 24th -- Red Cross Also Collecting Stuffed Animals for Fire Victims
March is American Red Cross Month and this Sunday, March 24th from noon-4pm, Red Cross volunteers will
be at the Warwick Mall, demonstrating the many services the agency offers in Rhode Island.
In addition, the American Red Cross of Rhode Island will be collecting NEW stuffed
animals, to be distributed to local children who are displaced by a house fire.
Visitors will be able to:
- Climb inside the Rhode Island Red Cross Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) which traveled to Ground Zero on September 13th and was just returned
(because it was hit by a crane at the site and had to be repaired). The 13-foot ERV fed nearly 15,000 meals a day to rescue workers in New York City.
- Get a free blood pressure check by trained Red Cross volunteers.
- Purchase First Aid kits for pet and for people, as well as key chains and other
important health and safety equipment for the home, office, boat and playing field.
- Find out how to prepare your home and family for an emergency.
- Learn more about becoming a Red Cross disaster volunteer, responding to
local fires in Rhode Island and national emergencies, like the September 11th relief effort.
- See demonstrations and sign up for classes in Pet First Aid, Babysitter Instruction and CPR/First Aid training.
For more information, call the American Red Cross of Rhode Island at 401.831.7700 ext. 101.